Sunday, May 17, 2009

Christian?

This is a portion of an essay I had to write for school. For the ones who doesn't quiet know what I really am, here I bring it to you:

After reflecting once, twice, and a billion times about the same topic, I've come to the conclusion that the church and God's followers are indeed wrong in many things. True, who that is experienced in this topic doesn't know about it? By saying this I am not saying anything new, am I? Very well, I am not going to state what's already known though, but the taboos of the church, and the silence of the Christians. The Bible contradicts itself in many things, as chocking at it may sound. What's more, the Christians strongly believe in things that they can't even understand most of the times. It is true indeed that Christianity shows a lot of values that if we could have them in today's society, the world would be at least 80%-90% better (I won't say 100% since the ones who have these values sometimes fail at accomplishing them all). The church preaches about being many things like: being tolerant, pacific, humble, slow at getting angered, among other things. Still, you can see how people inside the very same church are proud because of the church they go to, or because the denominations they belong to, or because of many irrelevant things that Paul has stated as causes of the division of the very own people who follow God. Pride, superstition, lack of knowledge and prejudice, all these things and a couple of more are the main causes of Christians living in a bubble of happiness thinking that everything is alright when it is not. How are they to produce fruits in such miserable spiritual condition? This is simply ironic. Therefore, although I strongly believe in God, I don't limit myself to what the Bible, the church, or the Christians may say. I live by my convictions and I have my own opinions regarding sin, God, and God's Word. I do not wish to live my life as the Christians of nowdays live it for the reasons I have stated above; but I do want, (and I do), respect God and believe in His existence. It is his job to enlight me if I am wrong, and I will not take his place or responsability at this.

No comments:

Post a Comment